Saturday, November 23, 2013

The First Documented Crash of a Scion FR-S

We knew it was destined to happen sooner or later: the first reported crash of a Scion FR-S. The hapless driver is a member of the FT86 Club forums who goes by the nickname Neutral.
The 24-year old FR-S owner posted two pictures and a rather remorseful account of the incident that occurred during a right turn when he lost control of the rear-wheel drive sports car at about 20mph (32km/h) and then ended up smashing it into a telephone pole.

He says that he was a previous owner of B16-swapped Honda CRX and that he had taken the same wide turn "a million times over the past 4 years".

So what happened on that fateful day? Well, like many other drivers, Neutral turned off the traction control. "I entered the turn at about 20mph, and halfway through it, I got on the gas and I honestly can't remember exactly what happened after that", said Neutral.

The young driver said that both airbags went off but neither he nor his coworker was hurt.

It's worth mentioning that Neutral noted that he is fully aware of his mistake and that he has learned his lesson.

"I want you guys to know that I truly feel awful about the whole thing," he said in a forum posting. "I am truly sorry for letting my fellow FR-S owners down, and through making a complete ass out of myself, I feel I've learned a valuable lesson, albeit a hard one."

Well Neutral, we know where you are coming from, as most drivers of rear-wheel drive sports car have been involved in at least one accident that in hindsight, could have been avoided.






No comments:

Post a Comment